Friday, November 24, 2006

Christmas preparations




I have been busy getting in the mood and getting ready for Christmas.

I LOVE CHRISTMAS !!

and have been making cards, wrapping my advent swap pressies, buying advent calendars for the kids (even though they are 21and 25 years old) and sorting out pressie lists. I've also filled my ipod with christmas music and have started blasting it out in every room in the house plus the car. A different cd in every player!! Currently its Bing Crosby on the pc, Motown in the lounge, Christmas classics in the kitchen/diner and Trans-Siberian Orchestra in the car (which frightens a few old ladies when played at full pelt down the high street LOL). I am so jealous of my eldest DD who is now working in London so last night after work she took her boy friend to Oxford Street to see the lights, window displays and to play in Hamleys.

We discovered Hamleys when my eldest Kelly was really young. Hubby was working in town then so when she was about 3 years old we agreed to meet him at Oxford Street Circus underground when he had finished for the day and take her to the toy shop and see Santa. Gosh we were all so excited! My mum and I had made a day outing of it, taking Kelly up earlier in the day, on the train, to see where Daddy worked, where everyone made a huge fuss of her. A visit to Hyde Park and feeding the ducks, and then the underground to Oxford Street. We knew the toys were only minutes walk away but NO we had to wait for daddy first. So we waited,... and waited.... and ...yes you get the picture. Kelly was so patient but also so eager to get to the promised wonderland, and to make matters worse it was chucking it down with rain. That cold driving sleety stuff you get in December. Well eventually after over an hour and with only minutes left until Hamley's shut I decided to wander down to the actual underground station to see if the trains had been held up or something, only to find hubby had been standing down there, in the dry and the warm, the WHOLE time!!!! We made Hamleys with only 10 minutes to go before closing time. I could have killed that day, poor Kelly. If only we had had mobile phones in those days.

Anyway to get more in the mood I have decided to show some of the cards I have been making. I never batch make, because I get so bored so easily so every one is a unique design (all be it some are copies from those seen on the net).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Yizz, thanks for dropping by my blog and your lovely comments - much appreciated. These cards are great - you put me to shame, I haven't done any yet. Haven't really thought about that thing that happens in about 4 weeks either (eeeeekkk!!!)

Heather said...

Wow - all unique cards? They're beautiful.

Ah, the Hamley in the rain story - funny to look back on perhaps?? ;D

Jen said...

I wubs Christmas too! Loving your cards, and totally jealous of the variety of Christmas music in your life. I'm not allowed at home - neither DD nor OH understand my passion for Christmas music. Well, DD's ok with it when we're trimming the tree :)