Friday, December 01, 2006

Christmas Journal

All over the world scrappers are posting their first page of their Christmas Journal following an online class being run by Shimelle Lain. Sadly being out of work and having to watch the pennies I couldnt afford to sign up for this class (although I would have dearly liked to). but I still wanted to join in the fun and make myself a Christmas journal. So I am going my own way, doing my own thing and hope that the end result records the true spirit of Christmas 2006 for our family.

Anyway here is my first entry.

The journalling reads " Next Christmas is going to be so different. Kelly already lingin in her own home will be married to Ollie and Laura & Wayne will be living in the house they are building together, so this maybe the last teime we have our tradition Christmas. Already some of the traditions we built up as a family with the children have changed or been lost as the girls have got older. We have already decided that I will not be doing stockings for them this Christmas eve. So before everything changes or is lost I want to keep this journal to record Christmas 2006.

Today I did my first day of supply teaching. It was really hard work, although the children were lovely (although a little lively) and the plans left for my by the class teacher worked well and were easy to translate into my own style. But I had forgotten what a long day it can be, how you have to be aware and on your feet all the time. I am totally exhausted. It was really great to be back in the classroom doing what I know I am good at doing though.





No comments: