Friday, January 05, 2007

More on digi scrapping

It would seem that since Katie joined up with the Padders there has been a fire of enthusiasm for digi scrapping sweeping the forum. Last night I encouraged through the wonders of Live Messenger, Kirsty to complete her first ever digi LO. I take very little credit for this wonderful masterpiece as all the ideas were hers. I just helped her find the buttons.

I guess I must be a little understated though because I have been offering up help and encouragement eversince I joined the girls, and although all saying yes they would try, it was not until Katie arrived that they actually put down their bits of paper, took up their laptops and had a go. So thank you for the push Katie, hopefully between us we can bet more of these girls doing it the pc way. LOL

So it did really mean I did another digi myself and this is another christmas page that really aught to be in my journal. Signs of Christmas was something I was struggling with but just before I took the decs down yesterday I snapped this decoration on my mantlepiece and I guess it has all the things in it I associate as signs of Christmas, the colours, green gold red, glitter and sparkle, lights, natural greenery , twigs, cones, christmas trees, and that lovely serene and calm feeling that comes along with it all.

I tried adding other elements and embellishments to this LO but it seems it really needed to let the photo do the talking.
The paper and brads are from the Ch
ristmas Red Collection Created by Meryl Bartho, the snowflakes a set of free brushes from the net and I played lots with the lighting effects and the filters on the photo.


No comments: