Monday, May 19, 2008

Not bad. just ill

I haven't been a bad blogger, just had a really rotten summer cold/come flu type thing that left me ill in bed for 4 days and not really feeling up to much for 4 more. Today is the first time I have felt even the slightest bit of energy for anything, and I am still sniffing away like mad.

Of course being ill means nothing much has happened in my life although the girls are pretty busy in theirs. Kelly has a job interview next week and two exams the week after. Laura is knee deep in wedding plans, end of term assessments (dreading when she gets to her first year of report writing, since she is teaching 5 subjects that will be a very heavy workload) and things are slowly progressing on the house buying - although still nothing on selling their own.

I, typically have had no work since I signed off at the Job Centre so this morning I sent off for the childminding pack from the council. Hopefully this will include all the info I need about becoming a registered childminder.

Mum and Dad have returned from holiday - and are promptly looking at brochures to set out again. Dad has a lot of Tesco vouchers burning a hole in his pocket. Trouble is they are not the good deals they once were. For instance, Butlins are doing a 4 day deal on half board, £49 pp. If you use your Tesco vouchers though the price nearly trebles! OK its still a good deal because you re still not actually paying anything from your own pocket, but when you know on other deals (the restaurant ones for instance) you will be getting full whack on your points its a bit galling.

We are still getting ready for our major road trip (Ha! Ha!). Since I didn't really want to go I told Martin all organising was down to him. So far I have - hunted out passports and all other paperwork: organised Laura to drive us to and from the airport; and attempted to work out some kind of itinerary. Working out the itinerary is a bit of a nightmare as we dont really know anything about the place so we cant decide where to go and what to visit. We started off thinking we would land in LA, have a bit of a time there, drive to Vegas, and from there up through Death Valley onto Yosimite and so into San Francisco. However this was a lot of driving in the time we have and is all through desert.

Put off by this, I suggested a domestic flight to Vegas, back to LA and then drive up along the Californian coast. A great idea as internal flights are really cheap. Except on National Holidays. And the Monday after we land is Memorial Day. So now we are going to stay in LA for Bank Holiday, drive the 272 miles to Vegas and take it from there.

How come even if you go on holiday annually there is always still bits to buy before you go? I nabbed some rather snazzy water bottles from Matalan with bits in the middle you can take out and put into the freezer to keep your drink cool. Great for road trips across the desert!

Craft wise.
My dress is made but because I have spent 2 weeks surviving on ice-cream and soothers, the diet kind of went out the window so I need to loose a few pounds to wriggle into it properly. Continue to watch this space.

Because this poor computer is limping rapidly towards its final resting place, Wayne has finally found and bought me a laptop. It has arrived but he needs to set up all the software. In hopes he will then come and wireless enable me I cleared up the scraproom so that he can get to the hardwear. With all the junk out the way I was finally inspired by one of the days on my AL Calender to start a LO. Its not quite finished but I will upload it as soon as I have.

And the garden is, despite yet another cold snap, coming along in leaps and bounds. Yesterday I transfered (rather small) tomato, pepper and cucumber plants into growbags, nearly all the squares in the SFG are full (cabbage, broccolli, beetroot, peas, strawberries, carrots, and lettuce), the runner beans are over a foot high: the fruit garden has been partially netted and I have managed to fill quite a few pots and baskets with flowers. As soon as the sun comes out I will add some photos.

No comments: