Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Where have I been

Busy working!!

What started as one weeks supply work has turned into a whole term! I am ill prepared for full time work now, totally unfit and unused to the world of 5 days a week earning a living lark.

So that has left little energy or time for much else.

Preparations for the every nearing wedding continue, I have finally found a dress that I like and fits, just need accessories now, I went along with the bridesmaids to share in the design process as they are having them made, I am busy making order of service cards and the name labels for the tables (this is proving a bit difficult as I cant seem to source the 100 red eyelets I need for them. I cant change the design as I have already made 20 ... watch this space), and slowly things are getting ticked off the long 'to-do' list.

I have also spent lots of time in the garden, mainly planting out as the greenhouse, although on its last legs since the wood is so rotten its a wonder it can hold in the broken glass window panes, has done very well, and nearly all the seeds I have planted have germinated at 100% success rate. The only real losses have been my cucumbers which grew to nearly 9" and then succumbed to a caterpillar in the roots which killed them all off. However hopefully in a month or so's time we will be enjoying a riot of colour from the hundreds of petunias and other bedding plants, plus looking forward to munching the other veggies I have planted. The strawberry plants have gone mad and have huge fruits on them already.

We have had a few family get togethers, Martin had a bbq for his birthday, we went to see the new Star Trek movie with Laura and Wayne, and working in a school so close to Kelly meant I got to call in for a cuppa and an update on her garden this week when she had a study day off.

Yesterday Martin collected his new car from the garage, and is proudly driving around in it. We went to the Harvester to celebrate it last evening, mainly because I am dog sitting while Mum and Dad are on holiday so I needed feeding.

So if anyone has missed me, I am still about, just busy with teaching, weddings, gardening and general life!

No comments: