Monday, August 17, 2009

Cropping

I had a wonderful two days and a rather spoilt day this weekend

On Friday Kelly and Ollie had said they would stay on the train home from London and come join us at the Harvester for dinner. So we collected them from the station and had a very pleasant time, munching from the all-you-can-eat salad bar since our table was right next to it, and chatting and laughing with them.

On Saturday I started the day by meeting up with Kelly again to go to the crop at Pickleberry
Crafts. The place for doing our crafting is fabulous, everything is all new and sparkly, there is a very well stocked shop on site and we get to borrow a huge amount of tools and stamps from the workroom. The three ladies who run the crops and classes are really lovey, talented and knowledgeable, so we cant quite understand why we were the only two there. I guess most people must be on holiday or out shopping, but I hope that the place does take off a bit more for Kate's sake. We had a fantastic morning since it was just the two of us and Jan the lady in charge, and got to spread out and use all the goodies without having to share, but it would be nice to see a few more people joining in.

Once home again it was a quick tidy up as my cousin was coming down from Dartford for a visit. I don't get to see him very often so this was a bit of a treat, and we had a very pleasant afternoon sitting in the garden in glorious sunshine, putting the world to rights, and reminiscing. Then once they had departed, as it was still such summery weather, I took myself off to the beach and had a swim.

With Martin at work on Sunday I did get to do another LO so with 2 under my belt in one weekend I am feeling a little smug with myself!

LO's to follow once I have photographed them.

No comments: