Saturday, June 05, 2010

Toot toot!!

Well I must finally be finding my style and getting the hang of this scrapping lark. Last weeks LO was voted a winner on Scrapping the music and gets to go into their Hall of Fame gallery!!!! Plus I also win an awsome prize of a kit full of October afternoon goodies, thickers, Jennie Bowlin Studio stickers and heaps more.

I did a few other LO's last week too.


I have been having a little bit of a spend on paper and cardstock as I discovered just how low on both I was when I went to do the challenges, so I had a trip to Dunelm Mill where their DVCW stacks are half price at the moment. This actually started out as a sketch challenge but ended up so far away from the design that I didnt even go there in the end.


There is a vid tut on utube for making this flower - it involved making your own shimmer spray ( mine didnt show up too well) and lots of squishing and squashing of cardstock. I may have gone overboard a bit with the glitter. No a girl can never have too much glitz!


I admit, I made this ages ago, a scraplift from someone much more talented than me, and I only wish I could remember who, as I would love to credit them. I learn by doing, and by lifting this I have learnt a lot more about layering and 3D structuring. So thankyou.


Another LO I started ages ago but couldnt find anything that would work to finish it off. That is until I bought the Nana's Kitchen DCWV stack with the ice-cream paper in it. The title and sun were free .svg files from SVG cuts for my cricut.


2 comments:

Cath x said...

All gorgeous Yizz and a big well done xxx

Sue Jones said...

Congratulations Yizz They are Fab and I LOVE your ribbon layout too on the ATDML blog xx