Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Project Life - my way. Work in progress

I am steaming on with my plan to do Project Life without actually buying in any new resouces. I guess what I am realling doing is a sort of Project 12 with a PL twist.

I was led to the blog of one of the PL designers, one of the ideas she discussed was how she compoimented her PL kit by using 6x6 pads of co-ordinating papers as backgrounds. Wow, what a brilliant idea, because the previous evening I had played in photoshop to try and make all the digi elements I had collected together from various places into one cohesive kit with a single colour pallette. It hadnt really happened to me. I had two K and Co very old pads lurking in my stash, and strangely many of the sheets from Brenda Walter Juliana pad and Tim Coffey Poppy pad do actually work together rather well.

I am using a sheet of 12x12 core'dinations Great White CS to stick my individual elements onto because this allows me to use up the odd selection of 12x12 page protectors I already have and also gives me a bit more freedom and selection over placement within the page.



Luckily enough being a visual learner, I dont have to worry too much about keeping notes, as the photo usually is enough to bring back enough to journal about, plus I am back to keeping up my blog again. I think if I enjoy the January pages and think the system will work for me, I will print out a stash of journalling cards and cut up the pad to make filler cards but I want to see what the finished article is like before I do that, so at the moment progress is slow, but much quicker than a heap of LO's would be.

No comments: